Float

Float

Monday 25 April 2011

Errr... what just happened? Part 1

Warning: This post contains religious beliefs and some atheist thinking that may be offensive to some.
Hmm... I just realized I'm not just accountable to my friends, but the law too. Argh? Putting myself on the line here. K here goes nothing.

So if you've read my last post you should know I was invited to my friend's 5 minutes away church easter celebration. And there's point number one. Don't you think its pretty evil to turn down a long-time albeit not seen in a long time friend when he/she just wants to meet you 5 minutes from your house for a couple of hours during a long weekend break? And by the way, I don't do excuses. Especially not on a friend who cares AND READS YOUR BLOG WHERE YOU CONFESS ~90% OF YOUR LIFE.


But I've been pondering over this for such a long time already you know? Its kind of cowardly not to experience for yourself this sort of heavy topic that will affect your life. Let's just take a look at decent friends who are christian: Jaren, Marcus & Justin Quek, Jun Yew, Bryan Lum, Rachel, Yan Mei, Jia Lok and of course, the cherry on the icing: Kwang Ik. I've probably missed a few. It means they're unimportant.

Time for the balancing act. I also know decent friends who are not!: Rifdi, Husain, Zaki, Edit: Kang Sheng, Yong Xien, Yan Zhou, Xun Yi, Hendrik, Benedict Woo, Marcus Liu, Adrian, You Duen. I've probably missed a few too. And you cannot imagine the many more if I count people older than me.

Meh. I could also talk about christians I know who are not very decent. Then again, as Kwang Ik pointed out, it means they're not true christians (which well, you can sort of excuse anyway this way +_+ Edit: No True Scotsman logical fallacy Thank Kwang Ik!). We seem to be on the same frequency most of the time. For instance, he said: Let's just start with the assumption that all humans are scum. <----- This. Like seriously, looking at myself bah haha.

I'm epic digressing! Maybe I should just talk about my experience at Faith Community Baptist Church and then finish my PI. Well first I had an ultra catching up session with Brenda who is even prettier in real life. ERR WHAT. OK forget the last part thanks :D I've been playing too much truth or dare.

ANYWAYZZ...

When the place finally opened I had those moments where you "Woah shit this is happening" in your head kind of thing. Then again, I wasn't too worried, its a church anyway. It started with. Err. Song and dance. Hmm. Not too comfortable with that. I mean, I can sing plenty of Christian Songs in Choir because they're beautiful and its OK if you're not of the faith, the words can still be meaningful. But this was different. Its kind of, worship already you know? Maybe its similar to the, I just joined RI from VS and you're expecting me to cheer RI cheers thing that Jia Lok and Hendrik get. Me not so much since they're pretty different and not exclusive.

Being a bit more in to drums nowadays I realized I was just focusing on the drummer playing and not the lyrics. Oops. They all pretty much say the same thing anyway and after a while you start to hear the same chorus over and over again as if they're trying to drill it into you. Of course, that's from a non-christian view. If I try to put myself in their shoes, it'll be more like, I really want to say it and express my faith and these words are really meaningful. I get that, I respect that. Its a church after all. Later on my RI Christian friends agreed with me that having rock song and dance, etc is not really what they'd go for either. One person even said he considered stop going to church for that. AND HE DID STOP. Woah.

I started to recall my time attending a City Harvest Easter with Yuan Rong. Was bad from the start, since Yuan Rong (for the second time actually) broke a promise that Wei Ge was coming. Childish tantrum bah, I remember they were pretty cold though. Meh I think I'll save the City Harvest for another time.

IN FACT I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED HOMEWORK. Need to stop here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am consciously thinking of captions and tumblr references and lame jokes whenever I'm with my camera and I see this sort of things. I NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION.


No comments: