Float

Float

Thursday 7 April 2011

Religion

OMGOSH I AM LITERALLY WALKING INTO A MINE FIELD HERE.

That's why, I'm not going to run in and die of explosives. Going to keep some things about me simple and try to be as neutral as possible.

Fundamental way of thinking
Some of my core beliefs.
1. 'All I know, is that I know nothing.' -Socrates
2. Pragmatism > Spiritualism (see 8.)
3. Imagination is beyond science
4. If one question only has one answer, it still does not make that answer correct
5. Anything under threat = not entirely free will
6. Coincidence is limitless
7. There are A and B explanations, proving A wrong does not prove B is right
8. Tangible is more useful than supernatural
9. Nothing is absolute except that nothing is absolute
10. Right and wrong is relative
11. A happens. B happens. A did not necessarily cause B. Nor B cause A
12. Nothing is perfect (similar to 9, but referring to objects and not concepts)
13. Emotions are irrational... but part of logic, because it is a factor of human behaviour.

Thanks for the discussion Kwang Ik and Jeremy. If God were real, he's pretty smart to get Kwang Ik to talk to me. He would be pretty smart to get Jia Lok to talk to me to. Convincing anyone takes (mutual) trust and respect, both of which I have for Kwang Ik, and he has for me. The arguments he presented were definitely better than "God wrote the Bible, the Bible says god is real = both true" and I've grown a little less anti-christ :D and also less shy talking about this kind of stuff. Faith does not really have a good argument to present if they're burning others' holy books AHEM. TERRY JONES COUGH COUGH DOUCHE. Oh I'm sorry, was the word douche suppose to be between the coughs?

On the other hand, I also talked to Yong Xien not about religion, but basically, a C personality HTHT :P Unfortunately, logic is pretty cold and heartless. But I realized deep down that might just be the real me. And no amount of mental conditioning can change fundamentals in my DNA. A lot of my actions, are based on ideals, because giving up in the face of probability, is not logical :) If there's a chance, its actually logical for me, however small, to take it, because you never know what will happen. A lot of my thinking really goes back to does fundamentals.

Example: Why bother recycling, when the world looks pretty set for 'death by environmental destruction'? Because however likely humans are just going to own themselves, there is still that slim chance the difference I make helps, and it is my belief in sacrificing for the greater good, it just takes that little effort, to add to that chance of saving something as great as the earth and its diversity. Don't tell me you're such a wuss you can't take a little inconvenience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think I might just change the blog pic to this one one day. But for now, since its done up already and I never showed much of my Photography in Switzerland...  (there's really just too much Dx)

Original


High Contrast and adjusted Shadow & Highlights

No comments: