Float

Float

Tuesday 6 September 2011

5 Days of Solid Solitude

Doesn't mean I wasn't around people.
Its just... a state of mind.
Nope it isn't exactly a bad thing either. That's called loneliness.
Today wrapped it up and leaves me with a decision to change that.
And nope I guess it isn't angst-ing either, I'm just living.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some lyrical therapy... do you recognize them? Highlight if you want to know (or have this inexplicable urge to know this friggin' familiar lyrics you've seen before but just can't remember!)
The more I see the less I know the more I'd like to let it go Snow (Hey Oh) Red Hot Chili Peppers
Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry, you don't know how lovely you are... The Scientist Coldplay
Why not sit in silence while the muddy waters clear? Clearly Quite Absurd Deep Purple
I'm learning to walk again! I believe I've waited long enough, where do I begin? Walk Foo Fighters
还要多久,我才能在你身边?晴天 周杰伦
Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same... Everybody's Changing Keane
I can't watch the time go by, I won't keep it inside, freak out let it go! Freak Out Avril Lavigne
All of our friends, saw from the start! So why didn't we believe it too? Built to Last Melee
Hold you in my arms, I just wanted to hold you in my arms... Starlight Muse
I've got a great idea, I'm going to wait right here. The Great Escape We are Scientist
I am selfish I am wrong I am wrong... I swear I'm right! Swear I knew it all along! Vindicated Dashboard Cofessional
There's a place where everything is free and everyone is just like you and me Runaway Electrico
And many more... (woah shit had to restrain myself from spamming Coldplay :x)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Met a stranger yesterday at the food center outside Buangkok whom I was sharing a seat with. As usual, awkward glances here and there ensued until I summoned up some courage and asked who he was waiting for (he was just sitting there for 10 minutes). Conversation went on even with him giving me advice on University choices. Sometimes, we just got to make the first move in opening up. -Also on Facebook

----------------------------------------------------------------------

On the flipside. A COMPLETELY RANDOM stranger came up to me, Hendrik, Jun Yew, and of course, the fabulous Jaren asking for money straight in the face. She just stretched out her hand and didn't explain a thing until we asked her what for. She was plump, wearing clean clothes, and had a decent handbag. She said she needed to eat. However optimistic and 'give the benefit of the doubt' we can be, this one, in my opinion, is just scum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

People will drift but you know they were there, for just that once. It turns out you really do only just have yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mean it when you say it. Dishonesty is disconnection.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly, I got dao-ed by another 'couple'. Is it just me, or am I the only one who notices things? Photographers.


----------------------------------------------------------------------

The people who make a million faults you see but admission of them you hear none.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you stand for your own ideals and opinions when the other party doesn't give you any respect in the first place, instead insisting on his own ideas without listening. And then you know continuing to insist your own will result in further fighting, so we humbly sacrifice for the team.

Then when a higher authority whom the person doesn't question tells the whole group off for a mistake you knew about but didn't bring up for fear of invoking that other party's wrath... it just irks you to the core. Angry at myself for being so lousy at communicating my ideas to people sometimes. Yet still angry at the underestimation of my thinking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After all of this it just wasn't my day to be studying. Is it good to have a solo mentality after all? The 'I'm just here to study, friends take 2nd priority' attitude? The 5 days were a re-lapse to old Li Keen. The reactive vs proactive. (Not aggressors if you happen to be from my PW group) The pre-Jia Lok in some ways. The one who didn't bother starting convos or texting

No comments: