Float

Float

Friday 30 September 2011

Listen | Life beside the highway

Always like to set the context in a meaningful way.
THIS IS SOME LARGE TEXT TO REPLACE THE ATTENTION-GRABBING ABILITY OF A VIDEO'S PICTURE
Because I don't like the embedded quality, might as well give you the link to this TED video!
GO WATCH FIRST :D

----------------------------------------------------------

Talking in Manna Café for hours was a much welcomed respite :) Thanks Jia Lok, Yams, Clare
And thankk youuu Friday!

----------------------------------------------------------

I reached home with that awkward feeling of wanting to do something but not school work. Hence I went for a run at ECP, and spontaneously decided to explore that new area beyond this bridge.
(All picture with iPhone, wasn't mental enough to carry a DSLR. All unedited, too lazy and got Chem to study)
Very soon after jogging for another 5 minutes or so, I was all alone. An actual quiet place in Singapore!
The place is quite beautiful and romantic! :D (I'm hopeless)
Soon I stopped jogging. (My stamina sucks) And started walking on aimlessly... enjoying the sunset
Always admired the fact that Singapore's government found it necessary to conserve nature even during the 60s to 80s. This tree will grow really tall in the future! :D
Very soon though I reached the end of the road.
And then it hit me. Oh snap I just walked an extra 2 miles and now I have to run all the way back.
(Pardon the finger blur, noob iPhone photographer)
And then I also realized. The sun's about the set and I'm all alone and really far away from anyone. OMG ITS SO FREAKING DARK AND SCARY MANLY
Can't help but think this is the beginnings of some horror film. I'M GOING TO SCREAM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL I was so manly I just didn't care.
The UTTER FEAR manliness kind of helped because I ran faster. Hahaha

Also, this very creepy patch of grass making unearthly noises that totally freaked me out (and yet I filmed it) Haha k it wasn't that bad luh just random thoughts in my head. And blogger never ever finishes uploading its video function sucks.

As I jogged back towards civilization I realize the further you travel, the sparser and lonelier the people. 
Also, while I was thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet of the area this insect came up my leg and bit me. Then I realized, in Singapore when you try to enjoy peace and quiet, something is just going to bite you near the ass and bring you back.

That was the journey along the road beside the highway (ECP).
And I wish you were there.

------------------------------------------------------------------

We will never know until we try~

------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you achieve the right balance?

------------------------------------------------------------------

I unconsciously disregard my own policies sometimes. Drown it out in music.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The low after the high. Feel ya Rifdi.

------------------------------------------------------------------

With birds I share this lonely view

No comments: