Float

Float

Friday 2 September 2011

Move Along

It was Teacher's Day/The day Hitler invaded Poland.

While some of the more optimistic peeps blog about how much fun they had playing soccer at their old school, having awesome Teacher's Day celebrations at their new school, and drumming to their new albums, it wasn't the most cheerful day for me.

It was, undoubtedly, ultra awesome to see the 4D peeps again (and arriving in overwhelming numbers again \m/), but as with every meaningful occasion, it comes to a close. However, this wasn't just an occasion. I shouldn't be complaining since all the 4C peeps practically have lost almost all their ex-teachers, but finding all my ex-teachers missing (cause they left earlier), reminded me that eventually all of them might leave... Eventually, we all leave...

Already I find myself unable to recall certain lessons and teachers vividly; not even counting Primary School. And yes, I don't see a lot of my old friends anymore... Even in RJ, people I've met earlier seem to just glance past without a wave or a smile anymore. I don't blame them, even I can't remember all their names and faces. And it reminded me again that in Primary and Secondary School, I wasn't the Lee Jia Lok type. I didn't exactly have a super ultra close group of friends whom until now still meet up and stay true. Well, except for some bloggers of course :) \m/ <3... bah. And I even remembered, after JC, how many friends will you be able to see again? I don't think I'm lucky enough to end up in a class full of RJ peeps in the future like how my current class has 4 VS dudes.

Going overseas to study, has suddenly taken a dark turn. I wonder how old friends like Wei Ge and Clarence feel. The former used to be a good friend of mine, we even won a singing competition together, and the trophy was my parting gift when he had to leave Singapore... it was just... so sad...

Old friends drift apart not because they want to, but because things have changed, people change. People tell me you always have yourself. Bah, if life was about me I might have ended it long ago... I don't know, just maybe. And if you understood a poem I posted previously, one line actually talks about how I used to dream of seeing the Aurora Borealis by myself, maybe taking nature photography just like Vincent Munier. But that... has changed. I just don't like the idea of solo-ing all over the place anymore. What a contradiction to 'never stop having your own fun'.

And referencing to another blogger. What happened to Old Li Keen? The one who could take solitude well, the one who excelled, had strong values, etc... Heh, just the other day my friends were commenting how emo my studying music can be haha. Well I guess its true.

I guess I just wanted to be the number one in people's lives because I treat everyone else that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then I thought, as a witness, shouldn't I be standing firmly secure and being a true example? What happened to changing for the better? But the devil accuses and brings you down with rhetoric. We have the one marked difference from others. We are not sinless, worry-less, temptation-less, but we have The Holy Spirit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless all teachers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Realized I posted the song I wanted to accompany before. Another one (two) Play both at the same time.





Seasons
The sun calling
The leaves crawling
The snow falling
The debris thawing
The winds cawing
The vapour pouring
The thunder roaring
Whilst clouds de-forming
The sun calling
If you can't withstand my weather,
You won't appreciate my beauty.

No comments: