Float

Float

Tuesday 13 September 2011

God is Greatest

I would always say God is Great. Now I'd say, God is Greatest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read this book called 'Grace for the moment', a daily paragraph Christian thing-ey my friends gave me for my Birthday. If I remember correctly, it was truly a miracle because I didn't touch that book for 2 weeks or so. And then, I accepted Jesus into my heart. So the book was given to me even before I converted :) Preparing the way.

Today I forgot to read the passage in the morning because I was just. So. Tired. Another few days in a row without proper rest. I've now completed the WR content and at home. And then I saw the book lying there, unread for the day. Woops! So I quickly opened it and read the passage.

The title: 'Sweeter after a Rest.' Take a break. I hear Him say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe to some people, some signs just seem really trivial. Why does God care about such things? About our daily musings? About sinful creatures? He loves us. That's why. There's no such thing as 'He has better things to do'. Time, opportunity cost, etc. All these things do not hinder Almighty and Divine Power of course.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talked to Colin again about faith on a super informal, almost joke like manner, but it does bespeak his refusal to believe in something illogical, unfounded perhaps. But 'faith is blind?, it is and it is not. God promised signs in the Bible, and inevitable, his presence and power in Saints have effects. And yet, its so easy to be skeptical about everything! Bah. Never mind I shall stop for today, need some time for rest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw certain Christians before, as people whom sort of seemed distant, inhumane, desensitized, to feelings and human-ish things. Then I met Kwang Ik. So I wonder, is it good to be so Holy? Does it not make you separate and unable to connect at times? But I remember one of the last messages I got from FCBC. That genuine love for others, and connection, is Holy. So don't go on rambling about faith and religious things when people just need you to be there before they come to know the Lord. We're all still human.

 So difficult, I don't want to be left out from the crowds. I want people to know I care, not how my parents view Christians; as people who care about themselves going to Hell and hence try and convert out of fear. No. That has never been me. Or people like Qing Xiang, who lost his best friend, due to difference in beliefs according to him. I am only eager to share, because after all its 'Good News' and I'm incredulously happy for it, and because I want more to experience it with me.

I am still your friend, and it is inappropriate for me to attempt to pry open your heart when God will do it if He thinks its timely. So even after all this, I haven't forgotten how Kwang Ik first talked to me, and how I will do the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hearts a stereo!
It beats for you so listen close...
Hear my thoughts in every note, oh oh.

Make me your radio!
And turn me up when you feel low!
This melody was made for you...
Just sing along to my stereo.

awww <3

No comments: