Float

Float

Thursday 3 February 2011

Robert Frost & Tumblr/facebook post/status-like omnibus

The Road Not Taken


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


In secondary two I did this poem for Literature.


I didn't mention it in a previous post concerning 'Who moved my cheese?' and Ratatouille, but this is another piece of greatness that influenced me.

I like taking the road less travelled, because maybe its attention seeking, but I don't like to stand with the crowd and conform. I prefer to choose my own way, and usually I try the path less taken. The popular interpretation of this poem is what I mean. A poem dedicated to the courage of non-conformism. Haha I just realized the irony that the 'popular' interpretation is 'non-conformism' which is pretty much the opposite.

Try the new experience because you never know. And the different stories you can tell your friends because you chose differently. Never regretting, because you know you've tried and know how it feels now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The steamboat last night gave me a mild fever. Damn it!! I cannot be sick on the first day of school!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading MM Lee's new book right now. Started from the part about his private life cause I thought it would be less interesting but I found it to still be a decent read. Moving on to the political part soon, which should definitely be juicier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I am starting to get really anxious about school.  I know the pressure is on me to perform being in RI, and I've always told everyone you can power through just as long as you 持之以恒。可是,我知道我的华语还是很差。。。我也知道,如果华语成绩不好,我可能不可以去外国留学。

------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got Beatles: Rock Band as a present for my entry into Raffles! And I know it can only be as fun playing with others, so come on over please!


Hold me! *Clap Clap* Love me! *Clap Clap*!

No comments: