Float

Float

Thursday 10 February 2011

Praise

A lot of praise can go to your head.

But sometimes, when your spirits are really low... You just need someone to tell you you're OK.

That its OK to be you.

That you mean something to this world.

That your different; your special.

That you've put in effort, and they see it.

That you matter.

... Thanks Dorcas, what a great OGL, wouldn't have asked for anyone else...

I will give my all running for council. If I enter, I will pour my heart into Raffles. I will make the 31st council the greatest. I just... I just hope, pray, that they can see my passion. My guts. I'm really in to this right now. I want to contribute. I want to give back to the school that gave me a chance which I thought I lost. I want to show them I mean something. That they didn't choose wrong. I want to tell my Juniors how great this school is. And if I don't get in... well, we'll see.

I'm obliged to say too. I love Victoria School. You can't change that. That school changed me. The school that watched me grow, that is something more. So I'll carry on her burning passion to excel and to keep her flag unfurled in Raffles. And I'll be a Victorian and a Rafflesian, council or not.

No matter what school you go to, the spirit will be strong, because the school spirit is formed by each and every student's heart and soul meshed together in unity and pride.


Tinted Flyer

No comments: