Float

Float

Thursday 10 March 2011

Being of all trades and master of none makes Jack a dull boy

I just realized today.

I have no talent ...

I mean, any talent that I deem as cool, or useful.

And any talent I may have, isn't as refined as the people around me. Look at Bryan, he cooks, plays guitar, can sing (a little), has so many leadership qualities, keeps up with current affairs, such a strong moral figure to top it off. Jing Wei, ultra buff, took PE in the 'O's, beat me at a Maths and Chinese test, also plays guitar, AND plays the drums.

The drawback of coming to RI I guess.

Wasted so many years watching TV and gaming, never even got good at the latter that much. Meanwhile, hardworking students as young as me were learning guitar, piano, violin, etc. Bah. I haven't really gotten over this funk spilling over from my failed choir auditions.

You can say my singing doesn't suck, but compared to Jia Lok and Yan Mei, it does like hell, what, cracking every 5 notes or something. And that is part of what defines them.

And then, you can talk about photography. But I don't feel like I deserve any praise for that. I don't work as hard as maybe Daniel and Rifdi doing it, cept maybe during coursework. And I don't do it all that often either. In other works, I don't think I've worked hard enough for this talent. Even got a lousy A2 for it. Wasted my parents money.

I love my camera though... always have. I treat it as much as my friend sometimes. When I don't want to talk, when I feel like doing a chameleon and merging into the background, just snapping away. When it spoilt during class camp... well I'll elaborate on it next post? Maybe I really am meant to be a photographer :) At least that's something...

What the fuck else defines me? Nothing the bloody fuck except lame jokes. I'm fucking pathetic and uncool that way. I don't even know whether this blog title is all that accurate anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So resigned to my lame joke persona here's a few I came up with in the last few days.

What did the stem say to the flower? I'm stalking you. (Inspired from Jaren)
What did the bread say to the knife? I loathe (loaf) you. (Inspired from looking at a free loaf of bread taken from class camp WHUTT???)
Why is taking the lift (up) like a party? You go high. (Thought of it TAKING THE LIFT WTS)

See? Fucking lame right? Yeah. Wtf is wrong with me seriously, my brain is weird. O_o


OK. Got to stop indulging in self-pity. I will just, be myself I guess. 
I can't do anything much else... 

No comments: