Float

Float

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Closure

This tumultuous period has been nothing but downs, a a few ups. So its more like rolling down a rocky hillside than facing stormy seas.

Campaigning, in a sense, has ended, as I expect a negligible amount of people to vote only tomorrow.

So many misfortunes of circumstance. So many wasted chances. So many failed gimmicks. So little team support. So much I can say.

I can complain. I can rant. I can lament in self sorrow. I can accept it.

What's left of me if all my good friends join council (deservingly of course), or if less deserving candidates enter, and I don't?

What's left of me, after hard work and painful endurance of my mental and physical state? What happens, if I lose out, and not because of me? Jin Xiang. I hope you know, I understand what it feels like, to be denied something for the wrong reasons, reasons you did not affect in.

Am I pure cynical, pessimistic and hate? Or just trying to find, the pragmatic, politically incorrect truth? Choir was partially my fault. This is not. Or is it? Aren't I just being  lazy victim?

And if I get in, will the ones who deserve it get in? Or the ones who are popular jokers who don't do anything else? Will I be working with clowns or real professionals, real Rafflesians who get the job done with pride, passion, soul and speed?

Will I still be able to channel my real spirit in Raffles in council? Or will it succumb to dislike of the scum that possible still reside in such a great institution?

Democracy, is deeply flawed.

At least today, though a tiny class event comparably, we won the debate. Its not just winning that counts, I'm heartened that I have classmates who care about work, even optional ones, because its about passion and enthusiasm.

--------------------------------------------------------------

About growing up and being happy no matter the confusion of adulthood and responsibility. Please do not think it is silly just because it is Spongebob, counter-intuitively, some of the most matured themes and morales are explored in children's shows. Plus the guitar is nice.

No comments: