Float

Float

Sunday 20 March 2011

Just had to double post. Omnibus again! (I learnt that word from I am Ninja LOL)

I'm posting status like updates which I'm either too paiseh or too long to put on facebook, or prefer to have on a pleasant quiet space, my blog. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you read the paper's err a day ago or something, you can see the ending paragraph of some article on the GE. Something like Senior Minister Teo Ser Luk will be taking out his old VICTORIA SCHOOL UNIFORM as the PAP meeting requires all white. LOL! No wonder VS/SJI/RI produce the leaders hehe.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if you know Jia Hao, but it was super awesome eating with you. Never thought I'd fine another guy who was willing to eat at a semi-expensive restaurant though it was just two of us, and it wasn't even dinner time. And yeah, don't know why, but I find talking to you pretty easy. Finding a topic and all that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Woah what the crap? Holidays ended. Dam. I was starting to get into the groove too. I guess its cause I have no CCA right now. Bah. I think its pretty pathetic, but my friends tell me to stop being such an emo basket of depression, so OK. I guess I'll just have fun while you guys have training.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I get really really really pissed at myself when I forgot to do a kind or courteous act, given the opportunity. Seriously! I hate it! Maybe that's why I went a little insane and donated another two dollars to Japan after I rudely tried to scram off the bus, blocking passengers who were boarding >:O (after another 5 dollars a few days ago and a future donation next week watching a combined choir concert for Japan, AND donating 5 dollars to Christchurch) I know I shouldn't be counting, but my Mother doesn't really like me donating that much. I can't help but feel ashamed both ways. I need my own salary!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Woah I didn't know Randy Newman (You've got a friend in me, Short People,etc.) also did the theme song for the awesome show Monk! I somehow got attached to this show because I was similarly a bit OCD, and I liked it that instead of fielding the usual super fit and super smart cop/detective for the show, the main protagonist, Adrian Monk (Duh), is a fallible, vulnerable EX-detective, but with a sharp mind, that at least partially stems from his weakness of OCD. Clever, entertaining, and very deep.

Also, good acting. And of course, the really really catchy, jazzy song that I love. Because it really captures the essence of the show, and its out of the norm. I like jazz and swing, whatever you call this quite a bit ^_^



---------------------------------------------------------------

Since we're on the topic of mock crime shows @_@ Another one that I really enjoyed was Midsomer Murders (used to turn to Hallmark all the time for that!). One, because I love me some British accent and countryside scenes :D and two, because the detective is not a stereotype, young, handsome, bufflord who solves crimes in a big city, but a white-haired, looking like he's retiring soon individual with a wife and a small cottage, helping to put the victim's family to peace in a village on the countryside (Once again, love the scenery)

And yeah, just like Monk, I also love the theme! Very original and recognizable.



Wow I really seem to watch a lot of these kind of shows (mostly cause my father regularly watches them too). For instance, Law and Order, Without a Trace, Criminal Minds, CSI (Though I'm not a fan of the really fake gadgets they use, the acting is decent and the story well played, also. Horatio is cool shit lol.) Though, really, I think Monk and Midsomer Murders would be my top two.

Dislike: Burn Notice. I think they're playing a bit to the trend now and fielding hollywood style actors and actresses. The spy know-how, trivia and decent acting is a save though.

Dislike: 24. Wts. Seriously. Wts is this show. Stoic bufflord, don't play by the rules hero going around chasing terrorists and whatnot SOLO STYLE. Fucking retarded. Cult of personality. Serious.

Dislike: NCIS. SOOO bloody commercialized. Like serious, keeps talking about how their number one all that shit, and look at the cast. I mean, come on you can't be serious. Look at how freaking stereotype they are? Though, I honestly haven't seen the show, maybe I should...

What else have I forgotten? Meh. Must be I don't like.

--------------------------------------------------------

Had half a mind to post my whole 月记 online, but this post was longer than I expected already!

No comments: