Float

Float

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Tiger

I remember when I was little, I threw a tantrum several times. It was my brain's automatic response to fighting hurt emotions. In my mind, the same words would play 'I'll show them.'

To show them, I mean it, to show them, I'm really hurt. To show them, I'm not helpless.

I recall a time, I don't even remember exactly why I was so angry. I think it was because my parents didn't bother switching off the lights, and it pissed me off they didn't give a shit about the environment, not only through this one time, but many times before. But probably more distraught I was, because of the fact, that they didn't give a dam about what I say all the time. So I threw a tantrum and went around the house switching off all the lights and kicking stuff. Yeah I know, dam immature right?

In a way, my tiger mum accelerated my growth out of this nonsense, because even after the tantrum she would calmly laugh me off as childish, and restore the house, leaving me to shut the door in my room and reflect and hate...

So maybe I realized, it was foolish to throw tantrums. And maybe, you shouldn't bother with people so much. Just, be independent, work your own way up. Self-improvement, and self-direction. That's why you'll often hear me say my parents don't care about me. Because they don't, and I don't care that they don't (most of the time). They let me be my own person. Its neither bad nor good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A sad shot. Because I took half an hour to SCAPE just to realize RAFFLES STREET DANCE was over, I went there for absolutely nothing. Oh and later that day I found out my phone's entire list of RI contacts were gone.


Before Photoshop


After Photoshop

No comments: