Float

Float

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Dear family, please go for skills upgrading

Dang! Its so annoying being the only tech literate person in my house.

It was OK last time, because I thought while I was fixing the modem and all that, my parents/ my younger brother was watching and ACTUALLY DOING SOME LEARNING.

But hell no, they were just ordering me around to fix their problems and read redundant messages from Norton or whatever for them = =

They can't even seem to understand the words "Unable to detect wireless network". DUH. It means UNABLE TO DETECT WIRELESS NETWORK. WHAT ELSE CAN IT POSSIBLY MEAN???? Seriously. My father has to point to the screen and ask, "What does this mean?"

Example 2?
Mum starts shouting and cursing, "HOW DO I USE THIS? WHERE IS INTERNET EXPLORER?" Even though my younger brother keeps pointing to Google Chrome. Then as soon as she finally realizes that the internet ACTUALLY has other browsers, she goes, "HOW DO I GO TO (THIS) WEBSITE? TYPE WHERE? HOW HOW HOW?" COME ON... SERIOUSLY? CAN YOU NOT SEE THE FREAKING ADDRESS BAR WHICH LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME AS INTERNET EXPLORER?

It doesn't end there. She has to act defiant and start complaining, "HOW COME CHROME IS SO SLOW? MY PAGE ISN'T LOADING." What the shit, its freaking 10 times faster than internet explorer, come on people, stop being so stubborn and open your mind to technology! Complaining for the sake of complaining. Bloody typical Singaporeans.

And can't you see I have my own problems in JC to settle!?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEARN SOME TROUBLESHOOTING GOSH.

My brother and father interrupted my sleep cause they thought Norton Anti-Virus expired and were panicking. Idiots didn't actually bother to read the message advertising Norton online backing up for files.

And my mother goes on in triumph over her genius-ness in understanding MSN language over my father, though when it actually comes down to practical hardware troubleshooting, my father will bother to play around and try to DIY (eventually calling me again in the end so not much diff, but its the thought that counts)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you're emo, you naturally go for songs with such lyrics and an overdose of synthesizer chords.

No comments: